28 new additions to protectjewishkids.com
Since I began my efforts to compile a public database of Orthodox child molesters about 1 ½ years ago, I have struggled with 2 important decisions:
- Should I include in the database the many men (most of them rabbis) who have been alleged to have violated, or have been convicted of violating, adult women?
- Should I include the names of individuals who haven’t been charged with a crime, but their names have appeared in the public or media regarding allegations of inappropriate conduct with children or women?
After consulting with numerous attorneys and survivor advocates, I have decided to include both groups in “The List”. Anyone who has not been charged with a crime is listed as “Not charged”. This is to differentiate them from the majority of the individuals in “The List” who are categorized as “Arrested” or “Convicted”. I include the “Not charged” individuals in “The List” with the attached publicly available report about them simply for informational purposes only.
These are the 28 new additions to “The List”. Most of them are Orthodox rabbis:
1) Rabbi Barry Freundel – serving a 6 ½ year jail sentence after being caught secretly video-recording 150 women over the course of several years as they undressed to enter the women’s ritual bath (mikva).
2) Eli Gutterman – massage therapist convicted of molesting 6 women.
3) Michael Segelstein – convicted of molesting a woman.
4) Ari Noe – Political liaison for NYC Mayor de Blasio, convicted of molesting a woman.
5) Rabbi Ezra Scheinberg – alleged to have raped multiple women in Sefat, Israel.
6) Nachman Breier – Chef and chauffeur for Grand Rabbi Twersky of the Skver chasidim. Alleged to have taken photos of naked couples in New Jersey motels.
Not charged – public reports have mentioned the following individuals:
7) Shlomit Acciaroli – alleged to have lost her teacher’s license in Canada due to child sex abuse allegations.
8) Rick Andron – alleged to have had inappropriate contact with Yeshiva University boys.
9) Rabbi Ephraim Bryks – alleged to have resigned from the Rabbinical Council of America and the Queens Vaad over sex abuse allegations.
10) Rabbi Jacob Bryski – alleged to have been sued by an alleged victim.
11) Mordechai Ehrman – former owner of a now-closed unlicensed child care facility that was investigated over child sexual abuse allegations.
12) Rabbi George Finkelstein – alleged to have had inappropriate contact with Yeshiva University boys and other children.
13) Marc Gafni – former rabbi alleged to have molested several girls.
14) Rabbi Macy Gordon – alleged to have had inappropriate contact with Yeshiva University boys.
15) Rabbi Yeshaya Dovid Kaye – banned by 2 West Orange, NJ rabbis from their synagogues due to allegations of the sexual abuse of numerous women.
16) Rabbi Elimelech Meisels – owner of 4 Israeli seminaries declared by a Chicago Bet Din to be unsafe due to allegations of his having inappropriate relations with the seminary women.
17) Dr. John Myers – Australian doctor alleged to have lost his medical license due to sex abuse allegations.
18) Rabbi Avrohom Reichman – sued by former student on sex abuse allegations.
19) Rabbi Joseph (Yossi) Reizes – alleged to have been fired from his school over sex abuse allegations.
20) Rabbi Aron Tendler – alleged to have been forced out of his synagogue due to sex abuse allegations.
21) Rabbi Mordechai Tendler – alleged to have been forced out of his synagogue due to sex abuse allegations.
22) Rabbi Leib Tropper – alleged to have been fired from 2 Jewish organizations due to sex abuse allegations.
23) Rabbi Matis Weinberg – alleged to have abused Yeshiva University students in Israel in addition to his own students when he had a yeshiva in California.
24) Rabbi Dovid Weinberger – alleged to have been fired from his synagogue due to sex abuse allegations. He signed a letter agreeing to never being a rabbi again or teaching in a Jewish school.
25) Rabbi Dr. Ephraim Becker – alleged to have signed agreement promising never to treat women even with their husbands present.
26) Rabbi Marc Schneier – alleged to have been expelled from the Rabbinical Council of America and resigned from his synagogue over allegations of inappropriate contact with women who weren’t his wife.
27) Rabbi Daniel Greer – sued by former student over sex abuse allegations.
28) Rabbi Jonathan Rosenblatt – over the course of several decades has been alleged to have taken young men and boys to a sauna to have lengthy discussions with them while they were both naked.